Monday, November 30, 2009

independence at an early age?

yesterday before snoozing off, the husband suddenly asked me if at the age of 24 mths, yz is already exhibiting signs of independence too early for his age?
i thought about the idea long and hard and i was actually sad to say yes.

1) he is already sleeping alone in his own room. i actually did that only at the age of 9 when my baby brother came out.
2) once in childcare, he was finishing a slice of cake when i was picking him up from after work. he told me:" i go wash hand." and ran like a wind to the toilet. following him, i saw him entered the toilet, stepped on a small stool in front of the basin, pressed the tap himself and proceeded to wash his hands. @_@
im so proud and saddened by that single act.
my baby boy seems to have grown up overnight without me noticing.
3) the fact that he attends childcare, being apart from us for a good 9hours at 1 stretch during the weekdays. i was never apart from my mum for that long till secondary school?

sigh.
think my hormones are making me more emo nowadays.
whatever the case, i hope yz grows up healthy and happy.
the 2 most important H's i can hope for my children! :)

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers