Friday, December 30, 2011

recap of 2011

most of my friends and myself have started the year thinking it won't be a smooth one overall.
at least according to predictions for roosters in general.
so a year has almost passed, all i can say its not as bad as i thought:

jan: hubbi turned 34 while my little nut turned 1. FIL suffered a mild stroke that gave all of us a wake-up call in paying more attention to our general health.

feb: YR started learning to walk at 13m+, earlier as compared to gor gor at 15+m. I bought myself an awesome watch as my wayyyyy advanced early 30yo bday pressie! :P
yz suffered from a bad bout of stomach flu that lasted almost 2 weeks which made me so sad and helpless.

mar: i got DD to help me get my new wallet from europe at a great price! the ng family went HK for 5D4N with my mum. it was quite fun but definitely wayyyy too tiring. both the boys came back and developed cough which lasted almost 2mths.... :(

apr: yr's turn to suffer stomach flu @_@ and i started actively looking out for jobs after being in my previous job for coming to 3 years and feeling more and more stagnant at work. and i signed the appointment letter at end apr!

may: a short month as i was busy doing my handover duties at previous job and a short macau trip before i commenced work at new workplace in early jun!
it was GE2011 too and i voted for the 1st time in my entire life. i was under marine parade GRC before i moved to TP GRC. but ever changing SMC/GRC landscape resulted in my area being under Radin Mas this year and i finally cast my sacred vote this year- haha.

jun: started work, steep learning curve which took me awhile to adjust. finally changed to android phone when hubbi got me the HTC incredible S. android rocks!

jul: rewarded myself with a chanel GST (thanks to eric who helped me get from london) and a ipad2 for the family with help from work vouchers. :) YR stopped taking his paci at 18m+ too.

aug: watched fantastic fireworks with my boys at my workplace on NDP 2011. went down with a terrible sore throat/cough that lingers on for the longest time (almost 1m+) which resulted in a health scare and blood test in between. lucky results come out to be ok.

sept: celebrated 5 years marriage anni with my man. secured a buyer to sign on the option to purchase for our flat at a good price as well as signed on the option to purchase on our next home - at a reasonable price (i think!).

oct: my YZ turned 4yo! gosh, hes growing up too fast! will be going to kindy in 2m+ time!

nov: went for routine check up with a worried heart after the health scare in aug. the results came back generally ok. a good improvement i passed a test that i failed last year. but another area was highlighted for further testing if im concerned. (*sigh*).
went for HDB 1st appt and concluded that our buyers are way nicer than our sellers. pui. well, just have to deal with whatever curve balls are thrown to us!
tasted guy savoy with the husband which was a special culinary experience for both of us.

dec: super busy month at work and outside of it. the whole month was almost dedicated to cleaning up the house (that means throwing away tons of stuff) and packing it to boxes!
YR had a fall and a nasty bump on the forehead which gave me a big scare. and he finally started on his childcare. better than gor gor, he stopped crying after 2 weeks...
had the most fun-filled bday gathering with my peeps to spend my *gasp* big 3-0 birthday!
for the actual day, will be spending a quiet one with my boys at a staycation. :)

yup, that kinda concludes my 2011.
there are ups and downs but being the ever-optimistic me, i think its still a pretty good year for me! :)
im more convinced than ever that H&H - health and happiness is really important.
resolution for 2012 will be to spend more effort in ensuring H&H!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers