Saturday, October 19, 2013

Interestingly enough, I read up on picasso while waiting for the elder son to attend his enrichment class this morning.

Was thinking which book to grab from the shelf when I chanced upon an old art book bought by the husband as bday pressie ages back. ..

I was enjoying the section write up on his earlier Blue & Rose pieces.
But again when it comes to the cubism pieces- only one word: LOST.

But there was this particular quote by him that I find written seemingly just for me..
The main gist is like this (I can't remember the exact words):
"The fact that many people out there do not seem to think much of cubism is nothing.  Just like I do not know English.  An English book is a blank book to me.  But it does not change the fact that the language exists.  And so who else can I blame but myself for not understanding something that I know nothing of. "

And it strikes me,  or rather reminded me again we should not to let myopia take over us so often in life.

sometimes things that do not make sense to us are usually a result of us not making the effort of trying to understand more.

And if understanding still fails,   acceptance will be the next best thing to try,  especially for loved ones.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers