Thursday, December 22, 2005

i've enough of ASIA!

okie, let's do a summary of my travelling in the past one year.

Last dec this time
i went to australia (namely sydney, melbourne, gold coast & brisbane) with ah long. i've a lot of fun there! esp. day trips to great ocean road and philips island, movie world, climb up the sydney bridge etc.

melbourne is my personal fav! really hope that i'll have the opportunity to work there in the near future for a few years. i would have gone to down under a million times, if not for it's expensive air tix and accom. bleh~

May 2005
off to china with chee yong & fi! we got to go to shanghai, suzhou, hangzhou, nanjing and wuxi(the jiangnan area) for a mere $600+. its really a good deal! so remember to purchase package from NATAS fair next time you go travelling!
the trip was really fun, mostly due to the company. but shanghai is really cool (minus the fact that people shout and spit there..). its top on my fav cities list!
my only regret is i miss the chance to visit the great wall at beijing there. beijing was out on our itinery due to the high added cost involved if we were to add it in. :(
i want to visit beijing with dear dear!


June 2005
it's off to seoul with my mum and brother! the most expensive trip for this year for i got to pay for my mum share *ouch*. set me back around $2k for this trip! *madness*
seoul shopping is really good! but i dont like that cos out of 10 things i saw, i LOVE 9 of 'em but i can only afford 1~2 pieces. shopping hell.
i definitely wont be going back so soon for Hong Kong & Thailand is better than it for shopping wise, china scenery is much better and culture wise, i'm more interested in what european countries got to offer. so korea, so longggggg.......


July 2005
its shopping time at BKK with dear dear! it's been a good 14 years since i last went BKK with my parents? the last time i went, there's absolutely no shopping involved. i sat on top on elephants. i got to take pictures with rare white tigers (i even held on to the tail of one of 'em. luckily for me, they were all chained up..). i went to watch drag queen show (no stripping but still, im only 9 years old then. how on earth i got to enter the place is still a mystery.) and get all puzzled when my dad told me those are uncles up there when all i saw were pretty ladies singing and dancing on stage. ate spicy food and came back to singapore with 40 degree celcius high fever. what a trip! lol~

so this time round, i shopped my heart out. for 4D3N, dear dear and me just went around eating and shopping non-stop. BKK is really a good getaway (only 2 hours+ by flight!) for plain shopping and eating. it's like a cheap version of HK without tourist attractions. at least HK still have peak etc. BKK has nothing. its just hot, dirty and full of traffic jams. but shopping is good and that'll keep me going back in the near future. :)



Dec 2005 I
off to bintan with my colleagues! tried a new water sports ~ body board surf. it was really fun! though the trip was an extremely short one (2D1N), i had tremendous fun!



Dec 2005 II
as mentioned in previous post, sunway lagoon with my dear dear! i've phobia of m'sia actually. I've been to KL 4 times and genting twice in the past 3 years. that's why i chose sunway lagoon this time. its been 10 years since i last went there and it has chnaged beyond my memory.
hence, i really enjoyed myself this time round in m'sia (minus the stupid fact that i lost my phone!).



looking back, i realised i've been travelling round in circles in asia!!! i'm seriously getting sick of asia! i want to go places in other continents!!
look like i can only venture out of asia when my honeymoon comes about in oct... boo~

i cant wait that long! beijing or cambodia next june, here i come! any takers?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah! travelled to sooooo many places ah you! *lucky girl*

you are inspiring me to do a summary of my 2005 (that has passed by in a flash!)

ecookie said...

aidan80: yesh! i want to visit ang kor wat for soooooo long! ever since i heard jon rave about it in hall 9 last time!

shirley: but as i said, my tavel destinations are all in asia!! you got to go switzerland!!!! n melbourne!! so fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers