Wednesday, March 14, 2007

unwell ba bee boo blabbers (again)

been feeling unwell for the past few days. hope this yukky feeling will pass soon!
this week has been a long and torturous one. and its only wed now! damn!
may it end soon with good news for hubbi & me!

okie some random updates on my boring life:
1) finished the book "the historian" finally. actually in a short span of 5 days. not that im a particularly fast reader (i dont really deny im one too, heh), but i speed-read some of the pages. the prose is just too flowery for my liking. no climax no twist at the end. its a pretty book with decidedly blah plot. i cant accept this. my high hopes for it dashed. :}
the only good thing that come out of this is it got me interested in a character in history. the character who inspired Dracula in Bram Stoker's classic novel.... DRACULA! lolz.

supposedly, its this Count Vlad Tepes Dracula who govern over Wallachia (which is in Romania) during the 15th century. he's one perverse character who L-O-V-E-S to torture his subjects & enemies alike. by his fav. method - impalement. in case, you are not aware what impalement means, its just sticking sticks or anything sharp through things. bodies for his case. :x
eeks. pretty gross stuff but got me intrigued nevertheless. so a quick research on him left me horrified at some of the deeds he did.
okie enough of dark n gory stuff, back to white fluffy thingy!

2) shopping shalala!
went for a quick lunch with ser yesterday at vivo which ended with me getting yet another top from GG<5!>
a piece for $38 is considered cheap for GG<5,no?>

3) finally caught "Rocky Balboa". think its more for (new) die-hard fan like me. bored the husband alittle though. guess he was waiting for those ring scenes which refuse to come till the last ten mins or so. ha. for me, its not as good as Rocky I but it will do. heh.

4) we've finally placed the booking fee for a car last weekend! an OPC car no less since we dont need it for work (given the proximity to our workplaces) but more for the weekends when we need to shuffle between our mums' houses.

so....we decided on Honda Jazz, a yellow one no less. *pretty pretty*. the package comes with free solar films, sports rims, reverse sensor etc all thrown in so i guess its a pretty neat one. price is a little steep even after the $17k rebates. bah.
but good thing is, our agent informed us yesterday that the price went out by another $1.5k after we confirmed. *phwee*

COE bidding is next mon which i hope we can get. but even after that, we still need to wait for at least 2 mths (according to the salesman) before we can see the car. *sigh*
no choice, seems like demand for car is high high high for the time being.

5) just gotten news for our group bonus for FY2006. left me a happy old lady. even after pro-ration (i joined my current company late mar last year), its still a good sum! guess i wont have much luck with my individual bonus since i have a lousy work attitude (or so deemed by my boss, bleh).
whatever. im gonna get myself a bag!!! and if, if , if , if ,if my finances allow, a new wallet as well! *swoon*

okie, materialistic me out!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers