Friday, June 22, 2007

shopping therapy, worrywart & small talk is really unnecessary

shopping shopping
the husband and i decided (or rather I) to do some shopping on an otherwise normal & mundane wednesday. so he came fetched me from work at 7pm sharp & both of us dead beat from work but restless me refused to just have a "simple" dinner and then home to rot in front of the tube.
scheming mind working ahead, i got the husband to bring me to try ..... botak jones! it so happens that the nearest branch is actually right at depot's lane - a stone throw from my working place. so we whizzed there for a quick spot of yummy western food. pricey, but the food is really good! i had fish burger while hubbi had the botak chez set.

after which, we decided to go scotts isetan to see if we can get some decent shoes. hubbi has been eyeing this pair of geox shoes for the longest time. and so he got them, finally. and me? i was desperately in need of some sturdy comfy shoes so i settled for a pair of clarks. but it threatens to give me blisters for the past 2 days that ive been wearing it. :( hope my reddened skin will eventually get used to it! bleah.

and today, hubbi has finally dragged me to Oxford to get his shirt tailored. been ages since i got my bonus, and he's finally getting his reward from me. hiaks. shirt to be collected in 10 days time. now, when will we ever get a nice pair of cuff links for him?

worrywart
im a worrywart. no doubt about it. good times seem like a luxury to me and my mind wanders off to the negative whenever i deem everything to be too peaceful to be true.
i really should stop doing this! so detrimental to my mental health. bah! i must have faith!

small talk - do we really need this?
once upon a time, i prided myself to manage small talk with almost anyone. sorta like a testiment to my high EQ. or so i thought.
nowadays, small banter with people i dont regard as friends seem really meaningless.
so much so, that i've to muster all my strength to just NOT roll my eyes. sigh. im getting grouchy, impatient & unlikeable with age.
but really, small talk is unnecessary. trust me.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers