Wednesday, November 07, 2007

the actual delivery - 26th oct 2007

bee bee wormy was delivered in Thomson Medical Hospital on 26th Oct 2007! :)
warning: long post ahead
as mentioned in earlier post, i was having severe rash that comes from nowhere! esp, on both hands n upper trunk of the body. they itch so terribly that i cant sleep at night and kept having to wake hubbi up in my irritation.

according to the gynae, its pregnancy induced and mainly cos of hormones imbalance. should i be glad that its not PUPP (for those not familiar, PUPP is a skin condition that plaugue some mothers during the last trimester) and that i suffered only 2 days of it before the delivery clear it up?

anyway, took urgent leave on 26th oct, fri, for my routine check up and partly no mood to go to work with the irritating rash. hubbi was late for the check up as he had to rush from work. the clinic was relatively empty so i decided to go on my own 1st, thinking its the usual amniotic level & dilation check.



imagine my shock when gynae informed that im 1cm dilated and water level was on the borderline low and he suggested that we go induce the very day! hubbi arrived soon and we began discussing. we made the decision to go along with doctor's advice since i'm already 38 weeks + and baby considered full term. hence, soon we were on our way to hospital!

my labour started at 3pm officially when the nurse put me on drip to induce the delivery. ooh, how i hate that! i never done drip before and its really a BAD experience having something inserted in your vein. eeks. watching the tiny bubbles within te drip tube , i kept on imagining the worst that one of them gonna reach my heart and kill me instantly. arg! i seriously HATE drips!

anyway the contractions started coming regularly + frequently. im not sure if im taking the epidural so i was monitoring to see if i can take the pain. so from 3-6pm, i was bearing the pain and thought myself doing great since the pain is really kinda bad but not enough for me to choose pain relief yet. but when my gynae came in ard 6+ to check my dilation, the pain was quite bad when the contractions peaked. feels like my back is breaking into two! really, contractions pain is more at the back than anywhere else!

so imagine my horror when he said im only 3cm dilated!! another 7cm to go, and thats when i know epidural is the way to go. i didnt even opted for laughing gas or other pain relief injection but just asking the nurse for epidural IMMEDIATELY. and it was then i was informed that it required 30 mins for the anesthetian to arrive to administer the shot. i almost cringed on the spot for the contractions were coming in fast and furious at 2-3 minutes intervals. *sobz*

after the shot, everything is really a breeze. its just a waiting game after that for the cervix to dilate to the required 10cm before pushing can be done.

the pushing started ard 10+ but it was a long labourious one. according to my gynae most were over in 10-15 mins but mine took nearly an hour! no thanks to my stuffy nose. never, never deliver when you are sick (but not like you can choose anyway). i had blocked nose and cough, unlucky me. so i was gasping for air for the pushing and not progressing as fast as i should be. *sigh* still, when bee bee finally came out, i was so overwhelmed with relief and i dont-know-what-feelings that my tears just free-falled when they placed him on my chest, wailing away. :)




bee bee wormy just delivered! see the rashes on my chest. bleah.

after that its a blur. bee bee was taken away to be measured his weight+length. while my gynae continued to do his stuff: 1) take cord blood for collection 2) deliver my placenta (not a pretty sight 3) stitched me up etc.

then bee bee is given back to me and we were wheeled back to my suite to rest for the night. bee bee was taken to the nursery to be cleaned up and feed while the nurse set up a temporary bed for hubbi to bunk with me for the night. and the first thought i had after all the ordeal was : IM FAMISHED! i have no food at all since my breakfast in the morning so imagine my gratitude when they delivered tuna sandwich + milo shortly after. *yummy*

hmm.. that kinda sums up my delivery day & bee bee wormy's birth date - 26th oct.
will update on other misc stuff when free!



pappy with his wormy. so wormy look like mummy or pappy?

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers