Sunday, November 02, 2008

im an idiot.....

for mixing up my good friend's wedding dinner!
note: its mixed-up, not forgotten.
dear yunping's big night was on 1st Nov, saturday but somehow i thought its 2nd Nov sunday!
mayb cos 2nd nov is her actual b-day, hence i tot that's the actual night.
and so i noted down the event in my hp calendar, liaised with my mum to get her to take care of baby and told the husband to come fetch me on sunday night.

so imagine my horror when huiyan sms-ed me last evening saying she might be late and asking when's the dinner starting!!
i was decked in my usual weekend get-up which is a causual top and shorts! and with hubbi and baby leisurely strolling in paragon (far from swissotel). :(
i acted quickly, i called the bride herself and CONFIRMED the dinner was indeed last evening and apologized profusely that i remembered wrongly.
and the silly bride asked if im still coming, and i said of cos i am! no way im gonna miss that for anything! but the problem was my dressing.
ignoring the sillyx2 bride for suggesting that i just come as i am, i assured her that im gonna grab some clothing there and rush down at the fastest possible time.

and so a mad rush ensued with me combing paragon for appropriate clothing! and what a wrong place to be in. most of the shops' clothings come with atrocious tags.
but luckily, i managed to find a suitable dress @ ms selfridge! and so i told the bewildered salesgirl to cut the tag right there and i got them to wrap up my existing clothings. LOL.
then i dashed off in a cab soon after!

poor dear dear was left with baby and lotsa shopping bags. and he got to make his way back to isetan scotts and drove home alone with baby yz! but im proud to say that he did a great job doing all the above plus feeding and settling the baby to sleep all by himself at night! :)

as for me? i made it to the dinner just before it started! and i had a great time catching up with huiyan and some of my sec friends. and im so so so happy for yp!
her husband and her looked so happy the entire night!
so glad that her wedding turned out so smoothly. :)

really, what a tedious and mad evening for me. heh. but i got no one to blame but myself!

2 comments:

PRIMA said...

Wah.. that's really a mad rush yeah?
but lucky for u, ur hubby can handle everything alone! :)

ecookie said...

yesh, very tiring! but lucky everything went well! :)

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers