Wednesday, June 08, 2011

learning the ropes yet again

it's almost a week since i've started work at my new company.
so far so good.
the most immediate change for me is that i can no longer drive to work, the parking fees is simply too atrocious!
so now, the husband takes the car but he will send me to work 2-3 days out of a week.
being ferried to work is such a nice thing! i almost forget that feeling for i was the one driving ah long to his workplace most of the time for the past 1.5-2 years!
and i rediscovered the joy of reading books in train.
so now, i read during the journey back home. even though my house is just a mere 5 stops away from my office, i try to squeeze in as many lines as possible.
ahh, simple joy in life.

the other obvious change would be the (serious) lack of food and shopping choices in my new workplace area as compared to my previous one in bugis!
now my shopping dollars are partially channelled to higher food cost. pui.
i shall be diligent and walk further for nicer and more affordable food.

work-wise, its a frenzy of handover from my team members.
im still trying to understand as much as i can but i guess (and definitely hope) things will fall in place naturally over time (depending how long!)..
if going by my gut feelings, my team and boss are a decent bunch.
and that is good enough, right!? office politics and cold shoulders are big no-nos for me!

really hope i can settle in smoothly in my position.
if everything goes well, i really want to stay in this company for as long as i can given its good benefits and hours that work well for people with kids like me.
*fingers crossed*

but again, me being me, my butt will always be itchy.
we shall see.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers