Sunday, July 14, 2013

foodie weekend

the feasting started from friday evening when my boss treated my team to chongqing steamboat at tanglin shopping centre.
i think i ate enough meat/fishballs for the rest of the year. *burp*
not to mentioned all the *gasp* quail eggs!!
steamboat is bad. i only know im beyond full when ive trouble burping.
the burp only came out after squeezing through all the food inside me.. ok too much details..

wanted to go light for saturday but my willpower is really as thin as paper, come to think of it.
breakfast was nasi lemak(!) at killiney. kill me, pls.
after the kids phonics classes, we brought them to tampines to catch despicable me2.
and of cos, i cant resist getting nachos with cheese and polished it off all by myself.
yes, no sharing pls. *ashamed*

i feel that despicable me1 is better though the boys definitely enjoyed 2 more.
i guess they made 2 more accessible to masses and the jokes are more from the physical side rather than the lines like in 1.
can anyone still remember when the professor made boogie robots instead of cookie robots and Gru retorted with "why are you so...... old?" in 1? that had me cracking for the longest time!

i made my way to meet the gang for tanny bday dinner later.
this time round, we tried lolla at club street.
very nice ambience and setting.
food is good and pretty exotic (we tried beef tongue, duck fat potatoes and Hokkaido scallops among others).
BUT portion is really small and overpriced.. all of us concluded we wont be coming back...

we were not really full despite eating more than 10+ dishes (blame it on the small portions) among us and spending quite abit. @_@
so we adjourned to PS cafe for feel-good good food (truffle friesx2! fried calamari! cakes!).
yum.....

we have also think of the next venue for candice bday - 海底捞 it shall be!

some photos:

@ lolla - (from left) ser, tanny, candice, me, zm & gb

zm trying his new S4 on us

happy bday girl with our pressie for her - LV vernis key pouch

my outfits for the week:
left: top from gg5, wrap skirt from zara
right: top from forever new, pants from haji lane

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers