Friday, April 25, 2014

things that keep me busy this week....

the past working week has been pretty packed for me!
it was intense throw-myself-to-work during the day for the ass is catching fire...
next week is closing and im still like TOTALLY unsure with the tasks im supposed to do.
this will be the first closing for me helping out the other team.
for a commodity and closing tasks not familiar to me at all... *gulp*
 
but no fret! ecookie, you can do it.
one thing I learn from life so far is however hard a task seems, it will pass eventually.
we shall see next week. :P
 
and weekdays evenings kept my busy too..
watched 2 movies with the husband and the boys at home.
1) Enders game
not too bad a show though I guess the novel may be better.
the boys enjoyed the space graphics.
2) catching fire
yup, second time for me. watched it again for the husband's sake.
but truth is, I really like this show so much that im willing to sit through it 1 more time and be a willing narrator for hubbi.
 
AND I finished yet another novel during the week - the city and the city by china mieville.
 
 
 
I have been wanting to read this novel since I first known about this author.
of all the synopsis of his novels that I know, this has always been the book that im truly interested.
ironically, I read not 1 but 4 of his novels before I had the chance to read the city and the city.
perhaps his brilliance shone through in equal parts in the other novels or the expectations just climbed unrealistically over the years, I was a wee bit disappointed that this novel does not strike me strongly as his best work I've read so far.
 
before I read it, I was really interested in the "why" and "how".
why the city and the city exist the way they do.
how do the city and the city exist the way they do.
mieville didn't touch a lot on the "why" and the "how" was a little sketchy to me.
 
still, on another level, this book is really worth reading.
it is a strong allegory on how a society can be train or mold to "unsee" or accept certain norms.
and how a society can determine its own state/progression through its collective behavior.
now I understand why the comparison of this book to orwell.
 
talking about orwell.
his 1984 is still sitting on my shelf, yellowing.. @_@
perhaps its time to give this contemporary classic a spin?
 
some outfits for the week:

its a ZARA week!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers