Friday, April 24, 2015

met up with gb & jt on wed for her bday dinner. as usual, we tried to hunt down the new eateries in town to try.
this time round, we ended up at FYR Cycene Ond Drinc on boon tat street which specializes in charcoal oven-baked food with lychee wood so most food turn up with the nicest aroma!
between us, we polished off 4 small plates, 1 mains (for 2-3 sharing) & 2 desserts. burp! and after that we still headed to dean & DeLuca at far east square for coffee and ONE MORE cake.
over-ordering & eating is always the theme of our outings! 
 
relatively small restaurant with nice décor & ambience
 
their small plates were all good seriously. I tried bone marrow for the first time and it was really good. the other usual suspects like foie gras (duck instead of goose), scallops were done up well too.
 
anyway this week, I managed to have 2 dinners with the husband without the kids. :P
we popped by to ramen play at breadtalk HQ on tue for a quick dinner before fetching the kids from my mum's place since it's so near to her house and we got off work relatively early too.
 
today, hubbi was out running errand in the late afternoon so he came fetched me from my work place and we headed out to my fav. telok ayer area for dinner. we settled eventually for wang dae bak since I have cravings for budae jigae. BUT, sad to say, WDB's standards since to drop and I was thirsting for water since dinner till now. I wonder what did they put in the soup?
so after the bad experience at the far east sq's branch and tonight, I wont be revisiting anytime soon.
 
hope we can continue our short date evenings. :)
 
some outfits for the week:


left: top from zara, skirt from gg5
right:dress from BCBG
 

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers