Thursday, January 14, 2016

busy week

this week has been pretty busy for me both at work and after. 

transition month is never good and I'm feeling the stretch. holding on to current portfolio and ensuring a smooth half-year closing/reporting + trying to learn the ropes (and multiple ones too!) of my new role all at the same time. still, i'm optimistic. while I don't know what I don't know still, I'm trying my best to plan around as best as I can. trying very hard to live the steven covey's habits. currently, the 2 most relevant ones are having the end in mind and sharpening the saw! budget is round the corner and knowing exactly what's the right thing to do is essential and I'm guiding my behavior and actions around this habit at work now. off work, healthy living + eating remains a continual focus. trying my best to eat well, rest well and exercising adequately, I hope to keep my mind and body strong to take on life. :D
what's lacking is meditation - I'm not sure if I'm in that space yet without lapsing into laughter. i can definitely start with reflection time-out. need to start allocating time for that!

did dinner with ex-deloitte colls on mon and it was nice having girly talk with gerry + GS. after dinner was shopping time and i ended up buying a pair of le pommier - cute hand-made shoes. it seems super comfy. cant wait to wear it!
dinner with suling on tues and she's looking good for someone in 3rd tri! and then, i joined a drink session after work today for a short while for a great coll who is retiring from the company after 30+ years! wow, i wonder which company and role i will be in when i retire next time. learnt a great quote that retirement means you stop living the working and start working the living! i need a great retirement plan to keep me occupied and fulfilled after i stop working for sure!

and finally tomorrow, the ng family is heading to our short getaway! sorta like a mini bday celebration for both the husband and the younger boy whose birthdays are only 1.5 weeks apart!
cant wait for it! it will be my treat to them and i hope and think it will be a great one for all if us!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers