Monday, February 19, 2007

CNY (part 1)

Finally, the long awaited CNY is here! i've to admit that the festive mood is not as upbeat as before, but im not going to let it get to me!
i got to:
-have a good 4 days break from work (sad to say that this is the 1st thing that come to mind for this CNY)
-get to meet up with my big extended family for some joyous blackjack session (hiaks)
-get to distribute ang pows for the 1st time with hubbi (kinda excited)
-last of all, got the perfect excuse to shop to my heart's content for the occasion!

CNY eve
CNY eve is not all fluff & fun. hubbi and i got to do our last leg of spring cleaning - the living & dining room! *eeks* so we spent the good whole morning and noon doing just that. its amazing how much dust can be collected at all kinds of obscure areas. bah!

then i was hit with another bleh news after that. reunion dinner will no longer be held at my gramps place. *meg hair* seems like everyone decided to have at their own place. so i didnt get to see my cousins,uncles & aunties alike.

still, it aint bad to have a quiet reunion dinner at my mum's place with just her, dad, bro & us. we left for home at around 9+ & the night was spent watching the tube. heh.

me all ready for my reunion dinner! i really should stop the victory sign. but i've no idea where to place my hands when taking such pixs!

CNY Day 1
busy busy day ahead for us yesterday! but i love the madness - isnt that whats CNY is all about? :)

we (had to) wake up bright & early at the unearthly time of 930am. we were supposed to reach hubbi's place by 10am but it was already 11am when we made it.

hubbi & me ready to move out! hubbi's nice springfield top is from me! (okie, using my coy's vochers lah..)

i like my get-up for yesterday. a simple top from FOX & my new vest (!) matched with checked shorts from topshop. very causal chic (or so i thought, heh).

after lunchie @ his place (which is at gombak by the way), we made our way to his gramps at clementi. we had another round of light lunch over there and then it was time to make my way to my gramps (where all the action is!). we managed to reach there by 230 as promised to my mum!

before long, i was playing cards with the kids (for fun, no money involved lah!).

me caught in action. :)

then hubbi got sick sitting ard just watching us play so he became the banker for blackjack & suddenly everyone is playing blackjack ha. we took turns with my aunties/uncles to be banker & everyone was happy for the next 2-3 hours. haha. in the end we still managed to win a small neat profit of $16. not too bad huh.


can see moi? haha i have time to pose cos i got blackjack! see, my cousin whos on my left and also the banker cannot believe he had to pay me (again!). *lolz*

we've dinner there before heading town to watch "ghost rider". the show aint as bad as i thought but not exactly fantastic too.

in short, it was a busy & fun filled day for me!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers