Thursday, February 07, 2008

CNY 2008!

the long-awaited CNY is finally here!
CNY eve
woke up bright + early yesterday morning happy! for its CNY eve! even went to work with a leap in my steps. hiaks.

morning went past in a zoom with me doing minimum work. before long, its time for my department lou hei and it was fun in general. :)
and then its 130pm! and i made a mad dash home... to prepare to set off to my mum's for reunion dinner.
lucky hubby was home by 1 pm and he bathed the little wormy well. so once i reached home, i quickly set off to do stuff - wash\keep/fold clothes, prepare wormy stuff (ie: milk powder\diapers\hankies\extra set of clothing etc), boil water etc.

and then its *weeee* off to my mum's place!

me + wormy..pardon my messy hair. very busy preparing stuff before this shot.
fyi, thats wormy's ABC mat in the background. we've laid his mattress on the floor even though he has yet learn to roll. but its better safe than sorry. :)

reached my mum's by 3+. after settling baby, hubby and me went to TM to catch "CJ7". the show is quite a letdown, i would say. expect it to be a comedy but max. only 20% of the show is funny and it lasted all of an hour and a half only.
not sure what the show is trying to say but definitely not up to my expectations! whats wrong with chinese films nowadays! even stephen chow's shows cant make it! :(

reached back my mum's ard 630pm and we've our reunion dinner! its a nice quiet affair but i kinda miss having the dinner at my gramps instead. where i'l see all my uncles/aunties/cousins etc. and we have to take turn eating at the dining table by generations simply because theres too many pple! im talking abt 20+ pple in a 3 room flat. lol. i miss the good old days.. but now though we still go to gramps place on CNY day 1, reunion dinner is back to own's house. hmm...

CNY day 1
i kinda dread today. scared that wormy will have his nap time all screwed up. scared that he'll get over-stimulated from all the different pple playing with him today. scared he'll come home at night a cranky baby who needs to cry for a few hours to wind down before settling.

lucky all kinda went well today. managed to sooth him to sleep at 845pm though it took me ard 15-20 mins cooing to an angry screaming baby. lol.
but now, he's sound asleep with wormy pappy besides me as i blog away. hee.

so today i woke up at 9am only to find the 2 wormys still very much sound asleep. evil me went to wake them up as we needed to start the day early for house-visiting!
after bathing + feeding wormy, we were ready to set off at 11+ :)

me in my MNG dress! nice?

picture-taking with the hubby as usual!

tada, us again!


wormy napping after his bath. all dressed for CNY..

time to set off. evil us woke wormy up for some photo-taking before leaving the house.

wakey up liao. in time for picture with mammy!

we tried to take a family photo but it ended up WRONG.
see below:


pappy looking irritated. wormy found the whole thing so sianz that he started digging his nose. of cos, mammy always look ready n pretty for the camera. hiaks.

in short we went house hopping: my-in-laws house->hubby's gramps->my gramps (maternal side). we stayed the longest at my gramps house from 3+ till 7pm! very fun there lah! soo many pple and blackjack is very ON there ha. in the end, hubby won $10+ while i won $30+! heh. small money but big enjoyment from all the laughing and playing.

tomorrow going to my paternal gramps and hope we dont have to stay long. not too close with them.. :P then wormy will stay overnight at my mum's place at night while hubby and me will go play MJ from evening till late night!

yay! wish us luck! HUAT!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers