Tuesday, March 10, 2009

this morning when hubbi and i were making our way to the mrt station, he suddenly turned to me and said he's getting excited about our upcoming trip this friday.
i wanted to exclaim "me too!" in response but realised my heart not in the right place.
then it struck me.
im gonna miss my little baby for the next 2 weeks when im not by his side. :(

my 1st trip away from him was in mar'08 when he was ard 5m old.
was away in japan with my mum - the only one im assured to take care of yz.
hence, some part of the trip was spent fretting away if he was being properly taken care my way in my absence.
but not too bad. i was still ok as his diet is mainly milk feeds and the routine of a 5m old is pretty fixed.

then came a longer trip @ east europe with the husband in jun'08.
the 2 weeks were quite hard for us, more for me than him.
but bcos yz was in the good hands of my mum, i was still at ease.
and of cos the daily 2x calls back made things easier too.
the sights and hubbi's company distracted me a good deal as well. heh.
when we were back, yz has mastered the art of sitting without support as well as learning to crawl at 7m+.
though im sad to miss out all these 1sts but i guess this is one unavoidable side effect of maintaining time for meself and couplehood.

the next 2 trips to cambodia and genting at end 08 are peanuts.
cos short trips they are, and short period away from yz is fine for me.

but this time round seems to be different.
yz has grown and developed alot since then.
his gross & fine motor skills improve by leaps and bounds.
and his character has slowly reveal itself.
and his emotional intelligence and grasp of words are so much more advance compared to last year.
and of cos, his extra clinginess to me nowadays doesnt make going away easy. :(

i really hope i can enjoy the trip and that he will be guai guai under my mummy's care.

p/s: brought him to parkway parade with mummy yesterday and he got fascinated with this crocodile (eeks, my worst nightmare) print on a pumpkin patch top. so i taught him how to pronounce. and at night before sleeping, he s still chanting away "kall-ko-dah"! LOL.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers