Monday, August 11, 2014

long weekend is the best!

 
long weekend is the best! non-work time to catch up with loads of stuff - I like!
the long weekend started from Friday evening when I left the office with my ex-team to vivo for dinner at the very yummy tajimaya yakiniku for wagyu beef and pork grill.
and of cos.... sake. hehe.
it was all fun and laughter chatting up all kind of crap until 10plus when we adjourned to st james or whatever it is now.
it has been so long since I was there.
we just wanted somewhere for more drinks and dancing so it was a natural choice.
however, alcohol and old age is not a combi so we left the place at 1+am. just too tired.
though I went to bed that night feeling shitty and the same the next morning, it was still a very fun night with the crazy bunch! :D
 
Saturday was a peaceful one. as I said, I was really "recuperating" at home from the night before.
and we really spent the whole day at home.
the boys busy playing with their lego, doing some homework and watching tv to their heart contents. ha!
for me, the best moment is chomping on the oily chicken rice that hubbi tabao for me.
that always work wonder to remove any queasiness leftover from last night drinking! shiok!
 
cartoons and more cartoons on a holiday!
 
the ng family watched the parade on tv and I must admit even if im not physically at the parade itself, it is still moving at moments nevertheless.
I got so emotionally charged up when I saw the last parachutist touched down safely! good job!
and no matter what the hype is gonna be for SG50 next year round, i think this year's parade is truly a wonderful one. I feel the heart is in the right place, I feel the change the government is trying to show, and lastly I really feel my own love for my country.
happy birthday, Singapore. Home, always.
 
and we had yummy mac delivery to go with the parade!
yeah, shiok shiok satay! (no, we didn't have that..)
 
yesterday, we headed out to town after lunch at my in-laws place.
been a long time since I last went town!
finally we had the chance to check out the new orchard gateway!
at first glance, not too bad. seems to sell stuff that I dig.
still, a challenge to shop with the boys+man. @_@
 
but those who know me, I'll have my way. so the damage is:
- a top from gg5
- funky (think neon yellow, pokka dots) socks from chocoolate
- lip balm from Dr GL
 
and we caught guardians of the galaxy after dinner!
what a hilarious fun show! and awesome mix indeed.
we were listening to the soundtrack on youtube on our way back home- even the boys like them.
chris pratt is surprisingly charismatic after the pounds are gone! I cant wait for the sequel really. :)
it will be fun if peter quill ever meet tony stark!
 
and today, we went carpet shopping after lunch.
finally, the husband decided he has enough of our carpet - it just wont shredding no matter how he vacuum in the past 2 years+ :P
oh well, so we went to a direct carpet supplier and after hubbi affirmed its quality, I chose the design, we concluded the transaction chop chop. :D
 
and it's onwards to vivo after that!
more shopping for me and pigging out time with the boys - basically they chose what they want to eat and I just pay (luckily their taste is cheap - texas chicken, ichiban boshi etc)
hubbi went to meet his reservist mates for a free movie (expendables 3...) on army's tab.
 
and I got myself 1 more top and dress from gg5 + romper from warehouse.
what a good long weekend! :D
 
some outfits for the week:
 
left: top from gg5, skirt from zara
right: top from uniqlo, skorts from zara

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers