Sunday, June 28, 2015

weekend - facial + Jurong birdpark

after more than a year hiatus from facials, I think my skin needs a thorough cleansing and some pampering! so I made an appointment with the lancome spa located at the revamped capitol piazza yesterday. hubbi and the kids were very nice to accompany me there so they had their lunch at the newly opened foodcourt at basement while I went for my session. it wasn't too bad for a basic facial though I've experience better facial massages before. the extraction process was rather long and painful but what to expect for someone who hasn't have facial for more than a year! it has a good promo going on for now - buy 3 + 2 free! but I didn't commit given my schedule really doesn't permit me to go for regular facials and I am hoping to try a few more facials of other products before really committing to a package..

today, given its the last week of the school holidays, we decided to bring the kids to jurong bird park! more of the husband's idea for im never a fan of spending time under the sun. :P it has been more than a decade since I last visited it! pretty enjoyable for an afternoon as the compound is compact enough to cover all of it well in 3-4 hours time + we watched 2 performances too! quite worth the entry price if you ask me. :D

left: before entering the penguin area
top right: lunch before starting our excursion
bottom right: SG50 displays scattered round the park

crazy hot humid day, but rather good walk around the park

not exactly my fav animals - birds.....
 
I have this phobia of birds in general - keep thinking that they will come close and peck me with those awful beaks. guess the fear rubs off the boys during their growing up years as I always act agitated whenever pigeons, sparrows or crows come near us. :P
so the boys are wary of these animals of flight not unlike me so it's good that they learn interesting facts about the birds this trip and hopefully be less afraid of them going forward.. ha.
 
has been a great active day for the ng family. im starting to think what can we do during the sept school holidays given that we are staying in SG. hmmm...

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers