Tuesday, January 02, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR, WORLD!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, WORLD!
*warning long post ahead*

finally its year 2007. i've so many to say & update! *wee* first of all to conclude on my year 2006. definitely there were ups & downs. hopefully more ups & downs. so let's see what went on last year for me! :)

Jan: i remember starting the year not feeling v. happy. so much so that my weight plunged to 50kg during thar period. bad. it was also the peak period for me. so it was really a dark period for me. but ah long and i collected our keys then & we were rather excited about it.
Feb: time spent mainly between sourcing for contractors & work. peak period continued.. got job offer (not knowing that i will be unhappy thereafter..), so thats like the only silver lining then.
Mar: settle MORE wedding admin. spent alot of time with ex-colleagues for my farewell. & finally embarking on my 2nd job at end of month.
Apr: work was very easy being the orientation month. gleeful about everything in life. had fun planning wedding & over-seeing renovation with ah long.
May: hell broke loose at work. hated my boss & totally regretted changing job. worse, ah long was away at paris for work for 2 weeks. never felt more alone & depressed. renovation at full speed, targetting to finish by early june.
jun: wedding PS done. excited about outcome. moved into new house in mid-month. world cup started! i was really v v v happy then though the late nights almost but killed me. TOTTI/ITALY rocks!
july: happy month for me. world cup is in full swing & italy went on to clinch the title. i couldnt be anymore happier despite this has absolutely nothing to do with me, with me being a non-italian & not betting any $ on the final match. but i was grinning for a good month. :)
alot of house warming in this month. had fun with friends.
aug: the good mood continued. my boss backed off with her silly demands. working life sorta stabilized. booked both my HK & honeymoon trips. settled almost all wedding admin. started to have jitters for upcoming wedding.
sept: MY WEDDING on 25th sept! the whole event went smoothly & i remember feeling v happy, blessed & loved that day. went for a shot 4D3N HK trip right after that. lovely shopping trip. heh.
oct: off to my honeymoon for nearly 3 weeks. :) turkey was really lovely & greece islands was an awesome experience though the cold was biting my bones towards the end of the trip. fancy zero degrees at athens! we were just hopping from shops to shops to bear the cold! ha.

nov: busy settling alot of admin, esp. developing pixs & collecting photos, as well as round up all the necessary purchases for the house. we only bought our dining table then! generally in an upbeat mood despite being busy.
dec: the only good thing about last month was i went on a shopping spree & bought some lovely stuff. the best item got to be the watch that hubbi helped to subsidize. on my own, i bought 3 pair of shoes, i skirt from isetan, 2 tops from zara & 2 necklace (from topshop/aldo). sounded kinda mad but i feel really happy with all these!
the bad thing is i started to get depressed again. hubbi has tried to convince me that my problem is not so bad & we are really lucky than most people out there. that i agreed & ive tried to talk myself out of my depressed state by getting lost in the daily routine madness & telling myself i'm really more fortunate than a lot of people in terms of everything. and thats the most important, yes?


so the above kinda sums up my 2006. definitely more ups than downs, huh? i truly hope so! off to year 2007!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

though i started 2007 in an ambiguous mood. i hope it can extend itself to a happy & fulfilling one!
let's start with my new year resolutions!
1) stay healthy!
-drink more water. i said the same thing for the past 2 years. think the pratice rate hovers around 30%? defintely not a good success rate. let's hope i can drink at least 3litres of water EVRYDAY in this coming year.
-exercise more regularly. this is hard. i dun like jogging & think swimming is cumbersome. i dun feel like spending on a gym membership cos my laziness made it hard for me to fully utilize it. i want a striddle machine but hubbi was saying too ex & no space in our house. so how?!
i got to figure out some way soon. :P
2) save MONEY!
my personal savings has finally managed to grow itself to a (low) 4-digit figure finally. i've got to keep it going till it hit 5-digit! dun be surprised, i did a small survey with my peers & most of them have 5-digit savings! so my aim is to save at least 30% of my take-home pay every month. it seems feasible so let's hope it really is!
3) travel more! (despite my pathetic 18 days leave)
starting with my 4D3N phuket/penang cruise next sunday! *grinz* i've never been to both penang & phuket. though we have only 1 day each at these 2 places, i think that should suffice. i can only foresee us going back to phuket next time round if we really like that place.
i hope to travel to europe with hubbi this coming apr/may. considering either eastern europe (czech,austria etc), west europe (spain,portugal,france) or central europe (germany,belgium,france,switzerland).
i really feel like going to tokyo & hokkaido around sept/oct. its been a good 5 years since i last went tokyo. im sure alot of things have changed & many sworned by the beautiful scenery in hokkaido, be it lavender/sunflower. i really want to see that! but think the season is during june/july. hmm, got to work around that too.
year-end will be a good time to go for a short trip like HK/bangkok. hehe. it HAS to be a shopping trip! but i doubt hubbi will want that. so i might have to find girlfriends to do this! :) which is a better idea!
think hubbi will faint if he's aware of my travel plans. but we will work something out im sure. :) he did promised me both long & short-distanced travel trips every year anyway.
4) last but not least. to stay happy & remind myself to be contended & push away dark, negative thoughts. 人生苦短,何必再自寻烦恼?
may be hard to achieve this but one should always try.
VITA BREVIS, dear all!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

the last few days
were relaxing for me. it was just rest & lazing around which is pretty good for me. i need rest!
friday was just dinner with hubbi @ tiong bahru. we were supposed to go vivo/great world/robinson but all plans were abandoned when he got wind of my purchase of 2 tops in the afternoon. im not supposed to go places with sales, lest i shop AGAIN. *oopsie*
had fun playing RPG game with him at night. im really hooked onto this whole baldur gate thingy. its fun to see my character gaining levels & getting more equipped with her armour class & having more magic spells to play around with. *yay*
i always knew i've a boy in me somewhere ever since young. from how i enjoy playing rugby with my cousins, to how i buy into certain gaming & till now, getting interested in watches alike.

sidetrack, speaking of watches, ive fallen in love with a Longines model. a man model to be precise, but i dun really care for i've no problem with wearing a guy's watch except that the dial size may be a tab big for my wrist. but whatever.
the piece is quite a pretty gem with moon phase (im very into moon phase now which is a relatively redundant complication for a watch), blue-steel hands, leather straps, white dial (pretty!) & square face. it costs around $3.5k after discount. i wonder when i will really be getting it. for 1) its barely a month since my recent omega purchase. 2) $3.5k can get me a LV bag & a gucci wallet & some clothes! im so torn! haha, okie the above is the materialistic me speaking. the inner-me still belives that health & happiness is everything at the end of the day. :b

housewarming at GS's house on sat. her house is huge!!! its an exec flat & i just want to run round n round her master bedroom. heh. space is both a luxury & chore i guess. i would love to have more space like her to add a sofa in the bedroom or get a walk-in wardrobe done but the cleaning will kill me. not that, but more like hubbi's nagging to clean our house.
i hate cleaning up! we are seriously contemplating to get an ah-sum to clean our house every fornightly. n since normal sweeping is done by hubbi, that will left me with washing clothes (via the washing machine) only! *muhahahahah* let's hope we can get one soon!

after which i went to vivo to meet hubbi & his parents for dinner. i DIDNT manage to buy anything this time round, much to the relief for both of us.

sun is my birthday!! im freaking 25 years old. how do one deal with being in the mid-twenties? im definitely not taking this whole thing well. gimme back my youth (an irony since im in my youth now)! it must be hard on hubbi who is stepping into his thirties this year. *hiaks* evil me at work again.

hubbi & me ready to get out the house


spent the quietest birthday ever. mainly cos not exactly in the most upbeat/positive mood this week & having an issue with getting old. spent the morning playing game & went back to my parents' house in the noon. got an angbao from mum. :) made me feel young again. :))
i will always remain a kid to them, i guess.

hubbi & i made our way to parkway parade n spent a lovely evening there. we had my favourite (tom yam) steamboat & durian ice-cream there. i appreciated him willing to spend time queuing up & eating the real spicy steamboat with me. he ate till he had runny nose at one point of time. i just laughed at him. ha.


we went ikea for some shopping yesterday & i actually made chocolate chip cookies! yes, me!! i made cookies & they turn out fine! hubbi really like them and it made my heart went all warm. *grinz*


all ready for the oven!

baking in the oven!

now im home alone. hubbi went to friends' house to play MJ from 9-3pm. im supposed to go with him but i cant wakey up in time. heh. waiting for him to come home soon. shall we play game or go out?
hmmmm..............

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers