Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry X'mas world!

my favourite day of the year came and was over so fast that i barely registered it.
was feeling kinda down for the past 2 weeks. i've started 2006 on a depressed note.
i really dont wish to end 2006 or start the new year on the same note too.
but it seems like that's the direction im heading *sigh*
hubbi has been very encouraging and supportive in trying to draw me out from my owndark private world but at the end of the day, i still need to do it myself.
the fact the i know that im depressed (though it helps since the first step to get out of depression is to RECOGNIZE the fact that you are in one) still doesnt do much for me.
still, i managed to nab some fun here n there with my dear hubbi, fantastic family & wonderful friends.
so alternating between cheeriness from the festive season & blues from every other thing else, x'mas went past in a blur.

shall try to focus on the positive. life is really too short to mull over issues.
Vita Brevis, everybody!

holiday for moi started from friday (22nd dec):
had a mini x'mas celebration with my colleagues in late noon. not really enjoyable as my boss joined and everyone knows how much i dislike her, ya?
it was off to meet hubbi in town to catch the "curse of the golden flower". gong li & chow yun fatt were superd in their acting. especially him, who really brought life to his character.

23rd dec:
spent early noon playing xbox RPG game with hubbi. heh, was catching on the game bug from him. and i think im quite good with my elfen character.
accumulating cash to shop for weapons/armour/potions is the best part of the game.
no wonder the hubbi said my virtual character is just like me. :)

went to catch "night at the museum" in late noon at orchard (again..). show is funny but not as funny as what i would expect.
more of family humor when im expecting "zoolander"-esqe humour. hmm...

met up with my mum,dad & brother for dinner at crystal jade palace at taka. my treat since its my dad bday. food is so-so & a 'lil over-priced. should have brought them to chef chan instead.
learnt that brother has passed his "N" levels. really happy about that! hope he will do so for his "O" level in coming year!

cant resist shopping for accessories again and bought 2 necklaces again! one from topshop & the other from aldo.


nice?

24th dec
spent a quiet day with hubbi at home doing some housework chores. we left the house around 5+ for some spot shopping at raffles city before heading to menotti for our dinner reservation.
the food was so-so only (*bleh*) and choices were pretty much limited as they served set menu for x'mas eve. the only good thing is pricing is reasonable at around $50 per pax since we've 20% disc for UOB card. :)



then it's off to meet the gang for x'mas eve party at a KTV in chinatown! :))
though its only a short period from 10pm-3am, we managed to have a blast of fun! singing KTV was really fun and we took all kind of silly photos!
gift exchange was nice and simple too and i got myself a set of nice towels from esprit. thanks, ser!





25th dec:
went walk walk around raffles city & marina square with hubbi. was trying to shop in topshop/selfridge/zara with all the sale going on. but alas, sale items are all either out of size or really horrendous design. i didnt manage to get anything at all for myself!

in the end, the hubbi got himself a novel & i got myself something which i wanted for a very long time (again, a very long time here is around few months.heh.).
taking advantage of the 20% xmas sale, i got myself this FINALLY!

*yay* now i can read up on everything about my favourite band! *sweet*

okie, i hope i can keep up the good spirits till my bday which is in a week time! :)
i really hope i can start 2007 in a positive/upbeat note. wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers