Thursday, April 02, 2009

turning the pages

me got lost in the world of words ever since i came back from the trip.
seeing the pile of books sitting (dustily) on my baybench has become too much.
hubbi has been nagging me to put away them to minimise the clutter at home.
but putting away unread books sounded so wrong!

so i picked up one last week, and i've never look back. hiaks.
i used every spare time to read and believe me this is scarce when you've a toddler.
so walking to/from office from/to mrt, i read.
the last hour before my eyes turn heavy, i read.
solo lunches at times, i read.
my, im really the most extroverted introvert!
i do relish such me-time VERY much.

i started with the graveyard book first. i needed easy language to gear me up.
and it was better than my expectations. the flow is good, the pace is fast.
im starting to get convinced that neil gaiman is one hell of a writer.
graveyard book is just like the jungle book except the setting is a graveyard.
gaiman lured you into a world where reality and fantasy blend seamlessly.
in all, i enjoyed this book tons cos its really a children's book with adult themes.
totally for me. :)
sadly, the adventure was over in a few days though.

then, its revolutionary road by richard yates. now i understand why kate winslet mentioned that he is one awesome author for he IS.
maybe a mistake to read this before watching the show. as i've always preferred the book to movie tie-ins.
anyway, i finished this as well. and its a sobering book.
discontentment and disillusion almost always lead to destruction and tragedy.
now my heart is heavy from the book.

going to start reading wicked. it's premise sounded really promising!
the untold story of the land of oz. entirely from the viewpoint of the wicked witch of the east!
how wicked!
okie, time is precious. bye!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers