Saturday, February 01, 2014

CNY 2014 is a quiet affair for us

CNY is getting quieter and quieter as the years passed.
what the boys are experiencing now is nowhere near what I enjoyed in the past.
i still remember CNY day 1 is such a fanfare for me last time.
by 9am+, my family + 2 other uncles' (2nd & 3rd) families will moved out of ubi together (by lorry or public bus) and make our way ever so slowly to my big auntie's house at yishun.
so 6 adults + 7 kids will chit-chatty non-stop during the almost 1 hour journey to the north!
 
and over there, we will meet up with the 6th uncle at my big auntie house.
snacking on all the new year goodies and having early lunch there.
from there, the whole group will adjourned to bendemeer road to visit my mum's uncle house (my granduncle).
the group will split up by either public transport or cabs (my uncle are taxi drivers.. ha).
and of cos, young ones like us have to take the public transport which is another hour from yishun to bendemeer!!
but it was so much fun, chatting with all the cousins.
 
and after some time at the granduncle house, we will finally make our way to the final stop of the day - my gramps/big uncle house at geylang bahru.
by then it would be almost 3pm.. and we were all feeling dead beat..
but the visiting hadn't stop yet! my mum's cousins will come visiting so the small 3bedrm flat was always super crowded and my cousins and I have to settle in the bedroom to make space for the visitors where we will play blackjack/dai di non stop! :P
 
and after dinner, without fail, I will went to catch late night movies with the cousins so that by the time CNY day 1 is over, it would have been a long crazy day for me!
 
now the routine with the husband and boys is much simpler and boring if you ask me..
late morning is to my in-laws house at the west. simple lunch and some catching-up then its directly to my big uncle place.
then early dinner and we will leave by 6+pm...
and that is it for CNY day 1....
 
still, the boys seem to have fun yesterday.
though yz and me are feeling a little under the weather...
and for today, no house visiting at all.... @_@
so just rest at home.
 
indeed, a quiet CNY....
 
ready to start our limited house-visiting!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers