Tuesday, February 18, 2014

has it been 11 years?

well, almost.
10.5 years since I first laid my eyes on a Bernini's sculpture in aug'03. :(
I think the time is long enough that I dun sound like a spoilt brat when I shout ITS time for me to go back to rome no?
I must be responsible for that coin that I tossed in trevi fountain.

ive been thinking recently what is important.
like what is really important in life.
and the only answer I can think of is the answers are always changing.
apart from the no-brainer health, family & love ones, you will realize what is important in life is really sum of many small parts.
and you do realize those who eventually ended up unhappy in life are usually those who anchor too much of their time and attention solely to few or one aspect of their life - say work or kids.

I think to have a good career that gives you financial stability as well as some sense of work satisfaction is important.
I think to have a good network of friends is important.
I think to have a good portfolio of investment or similar and retirement plan of some sort is important.
I think to be physically, emotionally and mentally present for the kids is important.
I think to take care of the partner's needs is important.
I think to hang on to that one passion in your life, be it running or just drawing, and not let life's other demands snuff it out is important.
and there are many more areas that are just as important.

and I do realize by now, at the young or old age of 33, that success does not equate happiness.
successful people may not be happy and happy people may not be successful.
and of cos, the fluid definition of success really hinges on one's expectation.

so I have been answering my own question with more questions recently.
do I want to be successful or happy - which is a stupid question.
but you will realize success is a subset of happiness for many and for myself too.
and there lies the complication.
to remove success from the equation requires zen and nirvana that eludes me for the time being...

and so!
whats the link between a Bernini sculpture in rome has to do with happiness for me?
im sure the link is direct but I need to come up with a more elaborated and convincing manner to convey it.
to the husband at least.

I have a project for 2014/15.
and it involves a still life painting of Caravaggio, sloped marble floor of pantheon and gelato that melts slow.
and maybe, just maybe, Italian blokes with curly black hair.

arrivederci, Borghese.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers