Friday, September 26, 2014

counting the calories = bad mood


and so what I started in early sept - jogging the morning - , I have managed to continue doing so 1 month later (frequency at 2-3 times per week).
though I dont see any stark improvement in speed or stamina.. lol.
 
and to show that i take this seriously, I bought a new pair of running shoes!
haha, the husband was tsk-ing at me when I made the purchase for he thinks (and he might just be right) that the purchase is driven by our upcoming nov trip (i always like buying new shoes before a trip indeed...).
ANYWAY, its a gorgeous pair from new balance and I absolutely love the design and I need a pair at home for running at the gym (my only old pair is in office so i've been wearing hubbi's pair to run at home).
 
so here it is:

anyway, after chatting with friends who are into serious body-building/sculpting, I finally accepted that exercising alone is not going to do anything to my muffin top.
something NEEDS to be done to the diet.

the advices I had are NO processed white rice and only drink water (cutting away all sugared drinks).
2 simple advices but almost impossible to administer!!
for the past week, I managed to eat not a single grain of rice but continue to have my carbs intake through other forms like bee hoon, wholemeal bread etc.
it is not as hard as I thought except in occasions where im heading mum's place for home cooked food...
for drinks, I cant cut away MILO totally so its milo kosong for me in the morning now. and other drinks im allowing myself are milk and honey lemon water for now.

it's only been a week of counting calories and the only obvious difference I can see is how short my temper is now! lol.
a hungry person is an angry person indeed.
oh well, let's continue for few more weeks to see if this is working. then I can formulate a more sustainable plan if I really do lose the muffin abit and back to my ideal weight......

some outfits for the week:

left: top from gg5, skirt from zara
right: shirt and pants from zara

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers