Tuesday, September 09, 2014

HCMC - here we come!

been a hectic 2 days at work! trying to clear as much as possible before going for our family trip tomorrow.
so where are we heading off this time round!? HCMC (Ho chi minh city) that is!
I think we are really running out of places to visit in Asia - cant go too far for a 1-week sept school holiday.
the last time I was in Vietnam Hanoi was a good 3+ years back. and to be honest, I wasn't too impressive with the city itself.
halong bay is beautiful but the bus journey to and fro Hanoi city is a total bummer (think at least 3.5hrs ONE WAY).
but I read good things about HCMC off travel mags though the very few colls who had ever been there gave me some shady comments here and there.
oh well.

seems like a simple enough trip - very cheap too.
since we are flying by jetstar budget airline (for a 1hr 40m flight it seems ok) and we booked the tickets early - almost 3 months back, the air tix was only like $650 for 4 of us!
how much cheaper can it be!?
since air tix is cheap, we decided to go for better accommodations - Sofitel that is.
but even so, 4 nights accom came up to be around $750 which is a good steal if you ask me since breakfast (yes, you heard it right!) is included!

the whole package seems crazy cheap compared to bali which we just did in jun.
is that an indication of how boring and uneventful the trip will be?
I hope not. I heard the café scene is good in HCMC though I've been warned that shopping is almost a no-no at least to me for im totally not into those market-type goods.

we will see, I guess?

just done packing for the boys and myself. hubbi is so lazy that he decided to pack his stuff tomorrow since it's an afternoon flight. tsk tsk.

some outfits for last week:
left: top from gg5, cropped pants from zara
right: dress from BCBG Max Azria

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers