Friday, July 10, 2015

dates with the husband

now that the husband's peak period is sort of over until the next one comes along, we are able to catch up with each other better. :)
last thursday, he was able to end work early to look for me at my workplace. so once im off for work, we headed to FYR at boon tat street - this restaurant which I was keen to bring him to for the longest time for it's steak and bone marrow are really yummy! they use lychee wood to oven cook the food which gave the food a yummy tinge of sweet aroma. I like!
and thankfully the husband was so impressed with the food, he brought the in-laws and me back for another round yesterday. LOL.
their rib-eye done medium is my fav and that says a lot for im never a steak person!
 
today, both of us applied half-day leave to spend some time together. hubbi fetched me from my workplace for vivo. we wanted to get minion toys for the kids but sadly all fully redeemed yesterday itself! gosh. - too bad for the kiddos.
we caught "Magic mike XXL" - my choice of course. hehehe. though the expectations were already lowered given the review saying that this sequel is more dancing less story as confirmed by tatum himself, I cant help but compare to the first installment. this time round, it's milder and not as gritty as the first. oh well, got to see the lovely bodies still. hiaks.

went shopping for electronics - yes, vacumn and iron can you believe it! - as requested by my mum that the ones at my house need replacements already...
hubbi got a camera bag for his new Olympus camera. tsk tsk, him and his gadgets. I was good = no shopping done! :P

dinner was at Jamie's Italian as I wanted to try since it opened like 1 year back? finally we got to try it. maybe we've chosen the wrong mains for I find them so-so and the air-conditioning rendered the food cold and bleh in minutes....
but the cauliflower frittis that we got for starters were really good but to warrant a revisit just for that, I don't think so..
house wine is so so too though hubbi enjoyed his smoothie but again, not a fan of such drinks!
too full to try their tiramisu which the waitress claimed to be one of the best in SG?! hmm, I wonder if I will ever revisit to try that. shall see...

a good afternoon spent with the husband and we should do that at least every other month. :D
 

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers