Friday, July 31, 2015

musings about work

work has been pretty hectic for the last 2 weeks. but the good thing is I seem to find back some of the drive and motivation at work that has been evading me for the past 1 month.
not exactly sure what's the trigger point, could be a combination of few conscious decisions I made.
I made the conscious effort to focus better during work, to get as much out of the way during office hours and not bringing work home.
I switched the push mode for company emails to a manual one on my hp for non-office hours. meaning, from 6pm to 8am next day, emails checking/reading is on my call rather a distracting blinking light now and then.
consistent trips to the community library with the boys had me borrowing non-fiction books of interest for me to read on most evenings and stopping the k drama sometimes. reading does the opposite of watching videos for me, im put into a more proactive role to think through and reflect what I "receive" from the book as compared to passive taking in of the plot as the drama unfolds and letting my emotions react accordingly like tearing... LOL

as I get better (I must be, I'm sure!) at understanding my current role better, the expectations others have on me and where I can better play a part, it will help me to plan ahead and better manage the demands at work and relationships with others.
at the end of the day, work is not everything but it's undeniably a critical part of my life too having taking up almost 50% of my waking hours (including weekends). so we should all really find joy and satisfaction during those 9-10 hours at work so as to have a balanced happy life as a whole.

having said so, it helps to try understanding that everyone is just like you, trying their best to do their job. most will have their reasons for doing certain things. you need not accept and agree but we all should try to understand they definitely have their own reasons for doing so. and it's always my stance to do something if it's within my control. to accept or walk away if it's not. really no point going round in circles non-stop and not acting. so far, these above 2 points have helped me to maintain my sanity at work! and at home too! :P

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers