Sunday, January 01, 2006

Goodbye 2005.....~

2005 really flew past in a flash! inspired by shirley's blog, i'll do a brief summary of my 2005 chronologically. ha~
Jan: peak period for me. really worked my ass off (contrary to popular belief that i'm a slacker). hey! i did work till 1 am before okie!
had my first brazilian wax...all i can say is *ouch*. not to mentioned pricey too! it's around $80 for a session at Visage.
Feb: it's chinese new year! i had fun for 2005 CNY, hanging out with my cousins and all on 初一。i even chill out with my 2 表弟s on 除夕夜 till the wee hours! been ages since we last did that!
it's also dear dear and my 3rd year anniversary on the 12th! i can still remember, we've fun at clarke quay that night.
Mar: i got my wisdom tooth extracted! *pain* costs me a hundred and made me went through a week of pain and no intake of some of my favourite food. Bleh~
i applied for ICPAS, a progession step on my career path. ha, sound terribly professional and important.
Apr: worst month. nothing spectacular happened this montH!
May: off to China with fiona & chee yong as mentioned in previous posts. also meaning to say the start of my month long leave. wahhah.
June: off to korea with mummy dearest and brother. meaning to say end of month long leave. *sobz*
July: attended the ICPAS one-week long course and took its exams on the last day of the course.
off to BKK with ah long! i lurve the place! food and shoopping!
Aug: notified by ICPAS that I've passed the course! officially a provisional CPA member. by sept 2006, i'll be an actual CPA member (i still lacked the experience). *woohoo*
attended womad and ah long proposed to me on the 27th. :)
Sept: we balloted for the new flats at Bukit Merah (opp. redhill mrt). were really keping our fingers crossed, hoping that priority will be given to us since we are first timers applying for HDB and the fact that resale flats are so much more expensive and we love the location!
Oct: was busy with planning for our wedding the whole month! all weekends were burned from visiting bridal boutiques and photography studios. in the end, we finally decided on our bridal boutique, photograhers and banquet venue! oh, this blog was started in Oct too!
Nov: Balloting results was out! we got shortlisted!
signed up for exotic dance with candice, tanny and grace! had tons of fun so far! i really hope to advance to exotic module 2 but got to assess my financial position again..
Dec: went to bintan with colleagues and sunway lagoon with dear dear.
went to select our unit and was notified that we'll be collecting the keys end-jan! got to start planning on renovations now!
it's xmas! had crazy fun with my peeps!
it's my birthday! last day of the month too. how irritating! when everyone loves to celebrate the end of my birthday. bleh~
my birthday is so special, it deserves another paragraph by itself!

my birthday
dear dear stayed over at my house the night before my birthday. so when the time past 12, i made him sing happy birthday to me! haha.

dear dear & me setting off from my house!
the next day (31st dec!), we went to suntec and just had fun walking around. we visited harvey norman to check out pricing on electrical appliances. ha, what a way to spend my birthday huh?
after that, dear dear bought me to eat at ichiban boshi at suntec! i love salmon sashimi! *yummy*

i love sushi!
we loiter around raffles city after dinner. specifically robinson to check out mattress, kitchen appliances etc. umm....very not happening hor? lol~
near eleven, we went up raffles the plaza to find suling and her friends. they rented a room for the night so we can watch fireworks in comfort!

me and suling

fireworks!~ awwwww.....

looking back, 2005 aint too bad after all. i've been to some places and enjoyed myself thoroughly in more than a few occasions.
more 'ups' than 'downs' with my dear dear for this year. really glad that we are getting more stable (i used to detest a relationship that enter a "stable" phrase for i associate stability with mundane, routine activities. but now i feel that stability come about when more faith and trust are put in a relationship. with that, i'm more accepting with the word "stable" being used on us. ha!) as we are about to proceed to another stage of our lives together later this year!
my family, friends and all my close one (including myself) are all healthy and doing fine. i guess that's something i should be really thankful about!

okie, i guess im ready to welcome 2006! may it be a better year for everyone and myself!

3 comments:

thisisnaive said...

wow you got JL wrapped around your finger!!!

ecookie said...

haha no lah. he's esp nice to me cos it's my birthday!!

Anonymous said...

haha! we 'inspire' each other!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers