Saturday, January 21, 2006

i've got my keys!

yippee yay! finally i got my keys to my new house yesterday!
dear dear and i went to HDB hub around noon to settle the admin. you wouldn't believe the admin nonsense one has to go through before getting those keys (yay, a bunch of them. 24 in all!). we've to get fire insurance, home protection insurance etc. and there are so many documents to be signed (deed title, loan agreement etc), i'm sure we've signed off around 20+ times each! *admin madness*

and i realised im a true blue government pet. i signed off every document without batting an eyelid (ie, without checking at all). lol~ before long, the HDB stuff was asking us what is the loan period and mode of payment that we want. so when she click here click there on the green screen, i suddenly realised i've not a single cent left in my CPF! all 18k+ of them gone in a blinking of an eye! and dear dear and me are committed to pay the housing loan with our CPF for the next 25 years! *gasp* suddenly it dawned on me that continue working (till 49 at least) is the only way for me to pay my share. if i ever stop working, we've to top my portion with cash and i'll have no savings when i retired! the other way is for dear dear to earn more and pay for my portion. but easier said than done *sobz* there goes my tai tai lifestyle. bleh~

whatever. we brought mum up to our new place to take a peek. it looked incredibly small! and we thought our 4-room is supposedly bigger than the old design, since it stands at 100sqm. the kitchen and master is ridiculous. i can go from one end to another by a few leaps! everyone told us that after renovation and painting, the place will look more spacious and all. let's cross our fingers and hope thats really the case.

will post some pictures of my house when i'm free!

work is as blah as ever. no mood to talk about it. lets just hope im lucky in my interview coming thursday. then i can say bye-bye forever to my current job!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i believe that you can really leap ard your house in a few steps with your long legs! hahahaah

Anonymous said...

everyone told us that after renovation and painting, the place will look more spacious and all

r u/they sure...??
and u still wanna put the dividers to make ur rooms look even smaller rite.. hehe

xyzhe

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers