Sunday, March 12, 2006

im a spendthrift

yes, im a spendthrift. forget whatever i said in the previous post regarding financial woes. i spent tons of money this weekend!! let's see what i bought:

1) Derma-Rx toner $35 (i like the light cucumber scent)
2) Derma-Rx Comedone Formula $60 (great for whiteheads & blackheads! no kidding, it really works!)
3) Derma-Rx sunblock PA30+ $50 (though i don't really like the sticky texture, but it's my 2nd tube and it works for me, so stick to it, i will!)
4) Chanel moisturiser $102 (this is the killer. why is chanel products so expensive?! but i love its products!) been using this for the past 2 days and i love its texture! its gel-like and easily absorbed by my skin. it promised to boost blood circulation and provide hydration to the skin, bringing maximum radiance! :) let's hope it works!

all these skincare set me back around $250!! sigh, but a skincare set normally lasted 6-8 mths for me so i guess, its not too ex if you consider that you use them on a daily basis and they help in maintaining/improving my skin!!

went to the IT show at Suntec today with dear dear. the crowd is maddening over there. i've problem getting to suntec from citylink! sooooo many people!

again, we spent tons at the IT show. so we bought:
1) a MP3 player for me! considering the journey i need to travel to & fro my new workplace coming late march, i really feel i need some music on the go. I've always wanted a receiver since uni days but does anyone still go for a receiver nowadays? lol!
not willing to spend too much money and wanting only a simple MP3 player (512mb) which have FM functions and able to direct-charge from PC, i went around searching for the ideal one. big names like apple, creative & samsung alike is too expensive for moi!

in the end, i settled for an unknown brand ("epraizer" costing $129) who has what i need and within my budget! it came with an additional set of earphone from sennheiser! im happy with that! after subsidizing from ah long, i paid $100 for it. not exactly very cheap but wil do for me!

2) Philips Plasma TV 42"
yes, im not joking. we bought a plasma TV at the IT show. we had long decided that this model is the one for our new house. it was plain luck that we chanced upon this harvey norman promotion in the IT show that allows us to get it for a mere $3199 (original price:$3999!) and allow delivery to be done in mid-june (renovation for our house will only be completed near then)!
so we got this today!

of cos, we used good o'trusty citibank 0% installment plan (6 months plan). we are simply not cash-rich now. :P
i can't wait for this baby to be delivered and installed in my house by June! for those un-informed, im a tv junkie! i can sit in front of the tube for extended period!

3) philips cordless phone at only $49! this promotion is only available for those who bought plasma/LCD which are bigger than 37". i love all philips & panasonic cordless phones! they have the least static noise! the model im getting costs around $80 normally, so im really pleased with my buy. but the only problem is, im only getting the phone with the plasma in June. bleh.
in short, it has been an expensive weekend. i need to lie low with expenditure for the next 2 weeks at least. *pout*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yoyo! does the comodone formula (however u spell it work..) work??? apply nose only ah? i m tempted to try cos my blackheads are popping out like there's no tmr!

ecookie said...

fifi: i think it works. at least for me.. its COMEDONE (con-mee-don) anyway, lol.

it's supposed to lossen the white/black heads so they'll come out by themselves..

Anonymous said...

hi, I am interested in buying Comedone Formula. I am in Australia. I already contacted the company, they do no distribute to here. May I ask where are you come from? or do u know how to get this product? Sounds really cool, wanna buy wanna buy.....
please contact me if u see my msg...my msn is amandaxiaojiang@hotmail.com

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers