Monday, October 06, 2014

a good weekend - or rather, making it good.

i started the weekend with no planning but it ended well.
I feel like im more in-tuned with an ENFP than an ENFJ now. :P
you need to know a little about MBTI if you know what im saying.
 
was feeling rather grouchy yesterday morning and decided to request for some time-out to spend time with myself doing my favorite activity: shopping!
the husband was the nicest by allowing that - dropping me off at bugis while the boys and him made their way to in-laws place for lunch and fetching me from orchard in the late afternoon! :D
 
first stop: haji lane!
ahhh.... it's been ages since I've been there and I really want to take a look at soon lee after such a long hiatus.
to think that I popped by there at least twice a week when I was working around the area 3 years back!
 
nothing much caught my fancy - I was a little disappointed at not getting anything from soon lee.
but there was a surprise buy - a ring from a local designer.  I first saw it in one of the shops at orchard gateway but I didn't buy then as I thought it's a tad over-priced for a designer I've never heard of.
when I saw it again in one of the shops at haji lane, I think it's meant for me to buy it. hahaha.
 
I left for orchard after jalan-jalan at haji lane. it's been such a long time since I visited ion and ALONE! *woohoo*
I spent good time at COS and even though I really love their designs but I cant bring myself to pay close to $200 for a cant-be-any-simpler shirt dress.....
their accessories are pretty cool so I got myself a pretty necklace. :D
 
and much as I tried not to, I ended up buying stuff from my fav. store again - ZARA....
surprisingly the fall winter range this year is pretty good though nothing fancy about the color range of cos.
I got myself a jacket, a shirt and a top - all in black or white... @_@
 
the boys came picked me up and we headed to PS after that.
I managed to visit rockstar near PS though again, I cant find anything that I fancy! how frustrating!
had a good dinner at Nam Nam and finished off with koi bubble tea. yum!
 
for today, hubbi and I were totally clueless where to go for lunch and I randomly suggested yong siak street known for quirky/interesting shops and eateries.
for once, mr ng is spontaneous and off we go!
 
on the way to yong siak street (@rd tiong bahru area)
 
we had lunch at Cheng's 27 located at you got it, 27 yong siak street, for some hainanese foodfare.
not too bad though the soup tasted a little too saltish.
 
we took a slow stroll along the street which is extremely short but pretty choked full with cafes and shops alike.
forty hands is crazy full, same goes for open door policy. next time, perhaps!
books actually is delighting. we spent some time there browsing through titles.
when I first stepped in, I cant contained my excitement and commented to the husband:"it smells like bras brasah here!".

it has an interesting selection of titles that are rarely seen in mainstream bookstores.
I chanced upon a book - the lover's dictionary by david leviathan - , flipped to a page and an extract got me hooked then and there.

this is the part:
"healthy,adj.

There are times when I'm all alone and I think, This is it. This is actually the natural state. All I need is my thoughts and my small acts of creation and my ability to go or do whatever I want to go or do. I am myself, and that is the point. Pairing is a social construction. It is by no means necessary for everyone to do it. Maybe I'm better like this. Maybe I could live my life in my own world, and then simply leave it when it's time to go."

through direct, even harsh definitions of seemingly harmless words, the book attempts to describe love. I cant wait to read it and I really hope it's worth the purchase.

they have cats in the shop!
 
we did a lot of walking for it was nary a dull moment around the neighborhood!
cafes and shops sprung up where we least expected it.
 

we saw PS café - the latest branch in town but today, we gave truffle fries a miss.
 
before we knew it, we had reached drips cafe at tiong poh road!
and so it will be a tarts day for us.
pretty decent tarts but I think the tarts at windowsill are better anytime!
and I realized iced earl grey tea without any syrup is horrible. but I drank it vodka shots style - holding the breath - since I've enough sugar intake from the tarts for the day!
 
top left: that spidey hand is YR's not mine.
 
after that, we did a quick drive-by along keong saik road! but we were simply too full to eat anymore at the eateries there.
still, that didn't stop us from buying $10 worth of bah kwa from kim hock seng to munch on!
they were crazy yummy! I think the honey-soaked BBQ meat is the best bah kwa I've ever eaten!
also, we saw some interesting restaurants that hubbi and I can try next time!


it had been a good holiday for the ng family today.
now the boys are watching ET holiday special on tv now while I will laze the rest of the evening away!
yeah!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers