Thursday, December 18, 2014

2 movies + wang dae bak

i took the day off on Monday. supposed to go for a movie date with the husband in the afternoon but poor him had to cancel his leave in the midst of his busy quarter-end closing.
so I have the day to myself. I have the option of staying home with the boys or venturing out myself.
not really a very tough decision for those who know me.
but as im really in no mood for shopping (or maybe that's my wallet channeling its thoughts to me) despite the season, I decided to reward myself with my fav. activity - catching shows on the big screens. which is really a luxury for most parents..

so in the morning, I had breakfast with the boys and hubbi. after that, I made my way to town to catch my 1st show for the day (yes, by saying that it means I DID catch a 2nd show in the same day).
and so "interstellar" it will be! no brainer since this is 1 blockbuster I've been wanting to see since the day it was released.

the 3 hours long show kept me on my toes all the way, especially towards the end when the plot thickens and swept me along together with my bladder crying for release. @_@
maybe it was not such a great idea to buy that vitamin water to keep me hydrated for the show...

not exactly Nolan best film in my opinion (Dark knight is still my personal fav.) but still impressive not unlike how prestige is. throwing in some big questions for the viewers to ponder while sucking you into the drama of the characters at a personal level.
is it worth saving humanity if it means throwing away the very things that make us human?
and the father and daughter story threading through the whole show - gosh it wrangled so many tears from me...

McConaughey's performance was good but not really so good that it alone can hold up the whole show like how bullock did for gravity. but like any Nolan's shows, he was supported by a more than capable supporting cast. and as usual after watching a good show, I launched into a full descriptive mode with the husband when I saw him in the evening (despite him hasn't watch it yet) and he impressed me with his science knowledge just like when we first started dating.. LOL.
somehow he can explained relativity theory in layman terms though I cant seem to articulate it back to another being when it seems so easy and clear when I heard it from him... oh well.

after the show, I rushed to another theatre to catch my next show (all in 30mins!) - hunger games 3 - mocking jay part 1. and as with the general review, it's a pale shadow of its predecessors. :(
Lawrence seems to lose her magic here. she acted a bit hard here - I cringed abit at all the traces of acting.. lets hope part 2 will be better and its not like I can stop watching the series here....

and that was how I spent my leave day basically. it was well into late afternoon after the 2 shows so I walked a little in town before heading east to find the boys.
maybe a little incredulous to some on how I chose to spend my leave day but the reel world has always been some sort of solace to me from time to time.

anyway, yesterday evening I decided to do an impromptu dinner with gb and ching after chatting in line. we decided to meet at wang dae bak at 6.30pm sharp for yummy Korean food on a cold evening.
BUT I thought we were meeting at the amoy branch and proceeded there with them waiting for me at the china square branch!! argh! not funny walking from amoy to look for them in heels. @_@

anyway, either WDB's standards have dropped or the china sq branch CMI. service was slow and we had to press the bell for help like a dozen times, kimchi pancake was so-so etc.
the company was the only redeeming part. lovely catch up with the peeps and we ended dinner early before 8pm and I proceeded to send myself home driving gb's car. ha!
I was even home before the husband fetched the boys back from my mum's! what a nice way to end the day in mid-week. :)

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers