Saturday, December 06, 2014

matchbox twenty - inspiring me more than they/i think

was re-listening to some of my fav. matchbox 20 songs on this rainy morning when I'm reminded once again why they hold a special place in my heart alongside with U2 for the past 20 years.

while rob Thomas is nowhere in the same league as bono but some of the lyrics written and sung with so much emotions by him really struck a chord in my heart.

sharing some of the special ones here:

1) Rest Stop


"She said - while you were sleeping
I was listening to the radio
And wondering what you're dreaming when
It came to mind that I didn't care
So I thought - hell if it's over
I had better end it quick
Or I could lose my nerve
Are you listening - can you hear me
Have you forgotten"


this song taught me how fragile love is. how there is no explanation when love just cease to exist one day. out of the blue.
and sometimes it only take something as simple as a song to let one realize that.
when you cease to care about the dreams of someone, he/she just doesn't matter anymore.

2) hand me down

 
"Someday they'll find your small town world on a big town avenue
Gonna make you like the way they talk when they're talking to you
Gonna make you break out of the shell cause they tell you to
Gonna make you like the way they lie better than the truth
They'll tell you everything you wanted someone else to say
They're gonna break your heart, yeah

From what I've seen
You're just a one more hand me down
Cause no one's tried to give you what you need
So lay all your troubles down
I am with you now"


before you love someone, you need to love yourself first. and after loving yourself enough, be sure to find that someone who will give you what you need, who will let you lay your troubles on.
if not, you are just another hand me down.

3) leave


"I'm not saying there wasn't nothing wrong
I just didn't think you'd ever get tired of me
I'm nowtsaying we ever had the right to hold on
I just didn't wanna let it get away from me"

never be complacent in love. we cant even guarantee we will never get tired of someone, who are we to expect that others will never get tired of us.
and yes, we never have the natural right to hold on to any relationships. we have to work and earn that right. love is always about efforts and commitments.

4) push


"She said I don't know if I've ever been good enough
I'm a little bit rusty, and I think my head is caving in
And I don't know if I've ever been really loved
By a hand that's touched me, well I feel like something's
Gonna give
And I'm a little bit angry, well

This ain't over, no not here, not while I still need you
Around
You don't owe me, we might change
Yeah we just might feel good

I wanna push you around, well I will, I will
I wanna push you down, well I will, I will
I wanna take you for granted, I wanna take you for granted
Well I will"


and of cos, the lovely lovely "push" that allows the world, or at least me, to discover them.
the song is everything about how love should not be.
how many of us are aware of the fact that we are doing such pushing in our relationships now?
we know we should not but we continue to do it.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers