Tuesday, December 30, 2014

recap of 2014

time to look back and take stock of how fulfilling 2014 has been to me!

Jan:
1. my elder boy reached an important milestone - P1! and thankfully he has been settling well into it and ended the school year with good results and developing a keen interest in learning.
2. YR turned 4YO and we had a staycation at holiday inn @ orchard with the day spent at science centre.
3. hubbi turned 37YO and we had a delicious bday lunch with the boys at gyu kaku.

Feb:
1. its our 12 years anniversary since we started dating! we celebrated at au petit salut.
2. happy times spent with family and friends during CNY.
3. had a new opportunity for career which I turned down. not exactly a good fit, most importantly, it's not what I really want to do.

Mar:
1. 4D3N HK trip with the peeps! it has been so long since I last travelled with friends! was a blast but also one that turned me away from alcohol at least for a few good months...*blech*
2. went to Eason's concert - fantastic voice!

Apr:
1. hubbi was promoted - while undeniably this is great for his career and for us in some ways, he has to deal with the challenges and stress level that comes with it. I can only encourage him by motivated words at times...
2. a small windfall from work when my company shares were matched 1-for-1 after 3 years finally!

May:
1. caught "Tap dogs" performance with the husband. been on my list to do with him since we first got together! finally did it after 12 years..

Jun:
1.5D4N Bali trip - first time for the ng family! it was fun but very tiring with all the commuting from ubud and rest of bali. no way are we going to stay at ubud the next time! :P
2. rotated to a new role at work which gives me the job satisfaction that has evaded me for the past 1.5 years at least! really happy for the new challenges. :)

Jul:
1. attended yanzi's concert and was suitably impressed with her live singing.
2. World cup 2014! Italy didn't perform as well as what I would love to see. but go go azzurris!

Aug:
1. EXO concert is the best! 2nd time watching a Korean concert and got to admit their stage set up is really good!
2. my lego expert sets are growing well! adding the haunted house to my collection of 4 modular building sets.

Sept:
1. 5D4N HCMC trip - not exactly an interesting city to spend this amount of time in but the ng family spent quality time together as a result. ha.
2. attended F1 concert - Mayday this year! - with the husband!
3. 8 years anniversary as mr & mrs! simple dinner and movie is always my preferred way to spend time with hubbi! :)
4. Bonus and pay increment time! nothing spectacular but enough for some little treats to my loved ones and myself!

Oct:
1. YZ's 7YO bday - spend the loveliest day at the zoo with the boys.
2. bought the bvlgari b.zero ring for myself - gorgeous!

Nov:
1. 12D11N korea trip - best trip of the year! the boys amazed us again with their energy and ability to adapt in new environment! good! we can plan to go further and for longer time for our next trip! hiaks!
2. Had my annual medical review and received clean bill of health - better than last year in fact! what a blessing.

Dec:
1. Yet another opportunity for my career but again, I turned down after serious consideration. just doesn't feel much like a progression to me.
2. lovely bday pressie from the husband though knowing him, he's not going to let me forget it so fast (which I tend to do often). :P

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers